The BMO Education & Conference Centre, housed within the Krembil Discovery Tower on the Toronto Western Hospital campus, is the focal point of an exciting new hive of medical education and research innovation. The Centre is a hub for our health professionals, future leaders and community partners to come together to collaborate and discover.
“Education is a priority woven into every program at UHN. BMO’s support and creation of the BMO Education & Conference Centre has been pivotal in allowing us to continue to be an international leader, committed to educating future leaders in health care both in Canada and around the world,” says Dr. Brian Hodges, Executive Vice President, Education, UHN and Richard and Elizabeth Currie Chair in Health Professions Education Research.
The BMO Education & Conference Centre also serves as a community space to host meetings, health fairs, cultural events and special gatherings. Hosting an event at the Centre allows guests to give back, as revenue generated by the BMO Education & Conference Centre are reinvested back into the hospital to support Education and Clinical Care.
BMO’s entire donation, to be granted over the next 10 years, highlights Toronto and Canada as a global hub and leading centre for medical research and healthcare, and includes the following hospitals and research centres:
- Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre – funds will support the development of a new prostate centre – a first of its kind globally
- Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, University Health Network – funds will support the establishment of the BMO Financial Group Chair in Precision Genomics
- St. Michael’s Hospital – funds will be earmarked for the BMO Ambulatory Care Area in the new state-of-the-art emergency department
- Sinai Health System – funds will support tailored diabetes prevention programs in Indigenous communities through the establishment of a first-ever Diabetes Complications and Prevention Clinic
- SickKids – BMO will become a founding partner in the establishment of the new Kids Health Alliance, a new technology platform bringing together community doctors, hospitals, and home and community healthcare providers throughout Ontario to deliver the highest possible form of extended care
- Centre for Addiction & Mental Health (CAMH) – naming of the BMO Financial Group Geriatric Ambulatory Services
“This donation – the largest in our 200 years of business – is focused on helping Toronto’s world renowned academic hospitals continue in their journey to becoming centres of excellence for research and patient care across many medical disciplines both nationally and globally.”” said Bill Downe, Chief Executive Officer, BMO Financial Group.