Since 2008, the Honour Your Hero program provides patients and their families with an opportunity to express gratitude to Toronto General and Toronto Western hospital staff for their care, compassion and kindness, while also making an impactful gift.
How does it work?
- A patient, their friends and loved ones can honour an individual TeamUHN member or care team by making a donation through Honour Your Hero.
- The Foundation shares a certificate with all heroes, including a special message of thanks from the donor and their contact information, with consent.
- Heroes will receive a pin at certain recognition milestone (see chart).
- Quarterly reports highlighting all heroes throughout Toronto General and Toronto Western hospitals will be published on the UHN intranet, shared through UHN What’s Happening Now, the community message board and by email with senior leadership and management.
- If you have been honoured and would like your name removed from quarterly reports, please contact the foundation directly at [email protected].
- Gifts are directed to highest-priority needs unless specified by the donor. The Foundation cannot disclose individual gift amounts without donor consent.
You will receive a certificate each time you are honoured, along with a special pin and recognition opportunities at the following milestones:
For more information, contact Toronto General & Western Hospital Foundation:
Toronto General Hospital
R. Fraser Elliott Building, 5th floor, 5S-801
Toronto Western Hospital
West Wing, 1st floor, Room 415