The Campaign to Cure Arthritis
Over 4.5 million Canadians suffer from arthritis. In fact, one in three people over the age of 65 will develop arthritis. Osteoarthritis is the third leading cause of disability in Canada. Our clinicians and scientists work together to find new treatments for this disease. We need your help. Our arthritis specialists want to reverse the damage done by arthritis conditions.
We know they can do this because they are among the best in the world:
- LARGEST multidisciplinary Arthritis Program in Canada
- FIRST interdisciplinary spine care program
- NO. 1 ranked Rheumatology division in North America
- RESEARCH IMPACT most cited and highly cited Arthritis papers in Canada
- MOST COMPLEX surgical treatments in orthopaedic surgery – 1,000+ joint replacements each year
- HEADQUARTERS for 5 international research networks studying different aspects of arthritis
The Campaign to Cure Arthritis is funding a world-first research program that addresses the arthritis health care crisis. Our goal is to revolutionize arthritis care by:
- identifying those pre-disposed to the disease,
- diagnosing arthritis early, and
- Creating personalized treatments that includes repairing joints with stem cells and tissue engineering
To help our team, we are raising $100 million for research projects that advance new innovations that will stop the disease’s progress.
Watch this video that explains more about our vision.
For more information, contact:
Anette Larsson, CFRE
Campaign Director, Arthritis Program
T: 416-603-5800 ext 4059
E: [email protected]